Presenter: Syeda Ullah
SAN DIEGO REGIONAL CHAPTER
Contact: Kristi Darwick
About the Program
Syeda will teach us how to create gorgeous florals and leaves utilizing the triangle brush in watercolor. Not only will we cover how to paint the flowers and leaves, but sundry techniques, layouts, styles, and color combos. After demonstration, we will be doing a small project. This program is open to students on all levels, from beginning thru advanced. This will be recorded.
Syeda taught this session, in-person, for the Inland Empire/Pomona Valley chapter last year. We, the San Diego chapter, are now scheduling it, online, due to popular demand.
- Medium size Triangle (aka Wedge or Fountain) Brush preferable for beginners (some sources are Jerry's Artarama, Paper & Ink Arts, John Neal Booksellers)
- Pencil or pen for taking notes
- Winsor & Newton recommended in contrasting colors
- Syeda likes a blue and pink combination
- Mixing Brush and palette dish
- Scratch paper for practicing strokes
- Watercolor Paper (Canson XL or any you prefer)
- Glitter paint ( can be the palette kind) or Jelly Roll pens
- Calligraphy supplies if you would like to incorporate quick lettering into your project.
Questions? E-mail Kristi at firstname.lastname@example.org. NO audio or video recording of any program, meeting, workshop or other SfC function permitted without prior consent of both guest artist and a representative of the Board of Governors. ** You must ask permission of the artist/ instructor to photograph any copyrighted materials, including demos.