Sponsored by FRI, September 9, 6:30-8PM PST
NOTE: This is a week later than usual, due to the holiday attached to the previous weekend.
No charge for these Study Group Sessions.
These sessions are led by members, sharing what they have learned. They do not claim to be masters.
Members and guests may participate in any session--no requirement to attend every session. The aim is to share knowledge with newbies or provide a refresher for experienced calligraphers.
This first session of SfC's membership year, we will base our study on stylized Roman capitals, inspired by the work of Peter Thornton. If we have time, we'll add some watercolor, just for fun.) The session will be led by Kristi Darwick. We plan to record this session. Kristi asks that you remind her!
Share our work--feel free to bring any work/practice you'd like to share that you feel will be of interest, whether related to Romans, or not
2. Review the day's topic
3. Start Project to reinforce the topic
4. Share what we've done for the day (optional).
- Graph paper (4 or 8 squares per inch)
- Pencil (mechanical or other sharp pencil) and eraser (Kristi likes Papermate Tuff Stuff, but any eraser will do)
- You will probably want to incorporate color--using either watercolors as listed below, or you may prefer to use colored pencils for convenience.
- Paper that can take some water, such as drawing, watercolor, sulphate
- Pallet of watercolors
- Container of water and pointed brush (#1, 2 or 4 would be good, or a water brush )
- Markers (waterproof preferred) .08
- Lightbox if using opaque paper.
Optional Project: Envelope
Paper that will handle some watercolor as an envelope: such as drawing paper, sketch paper, Arches Text Wove.
Membership not required
Zoom invitation and handouts are sent a couple days in advance.
If you sign up later than that, please email to Kristi at email@example.com, so she can forward them to you.