Sponsored by FRI, September 30, 6:30-8PM PST
NOTE: We aim for the first Friday of the month, but have shifted this forward one week, due to a conflict.
No charge for these Study Group Sessions.
These sessions are led by members, sharing what they have learned. They do not claim to be masters.
Members and guests may register for any session--there is no requirement to attend all sessions. The aim is to share knowledge with newbies and to provide a refresher for those with more experience.
In this session, we will reviewing the basics of skeleton Romans, including letter structure, spacing, and, pressure and release. This is a lot to cover in a short amount of time, so each topic will be brief! And, of course, we'll introduce a small, fun exercise/project--this one will include cheerfully-colored undulating lines of letters, as well as spirals.
Scrap from member, Alice Mosley, thrown away at retreat, many years ago, and rescued by Kristi
The session will be led by Kristi Darwick. We plan to record this session. Kristi asks that you remind her!
Share our work--feel free to bring any work/practice you'd like to share that you feel will be of interest, whether related to Romans, or not
2. Review the day's topic
3. Start Project to reinforce the topic
4. Share what we've done for the day (optional).
- Graph paper (4 or 8 squares per inch)
- Pencil (mechanical or other sharp pencil) and eraser (Kristi likes Papermate Tuff Stuff, but any eraser will do)
- For our project, we will incorporate color--colored pencils are convenient for this short session.
- Scraps of drawing or other thicker-than-copier paper for project
- Compass for drawing a spiral
- Compass or circle ruler for drawing a circle
Membership not required
Zoom invitation and handouts are sent a couple days in advance.
If you sign up later than that, please email to Kristi at firstname.lastname@example.org, so she can forward them to you.