FRI, March 10, 2023, 6:30-8PM PST
No charge for these Study Group Sessions. Please note, you must register for each Study Group session individually.
We'll continue to study the work of Sherri Thornton. Sherri is known for both her contemporary versals, a.k.a Kersals, as well as her Word Paintings.
Kristi's Word Painting made under the direction of Sherri
These sessions are led by members, sharing what they have learned. They do not claim to be masters. Members and guests may register for any session--there is no requirement to attend all sessions. The aim is to share knowledge with newbies and to provide a refresher for those with more experience.
The session will be led by Kristi Darwick. We plan to record this session. Kristi asks that you remind her!
Share our work--feel free to bring any work/practice you'd like to share that you feel will be of interest, whether related to Romans, or not
2. Quick review of a basic concept/technique for Romans
3. Review the day's topic
4. Continue with Project to reinforce the topic
- Sketchbook or other paper that takes water for a rough draft. (For the final draft, Sherri likes Rives BFK (280 gsm). Those creating a square piece, may wish to cut paper to 6"x6".
- 2H Pencil or mechanical pencil, and eraser.
- Graphite pencils 4B & 8 B.
- Other assorted pencils you may have.
- Pencil sharpener
- T-square or Ruler
- Your thumbnail sketches depicting your chosen One - three word quote.
- Masking tape (only needed if you are working within a framed space)
Optional, for if there is time (please use supplies you already have):
- Round watercolor brushes nos. 2, 6, 10
- Watercolors, pallet, water jar
- Water-soluble colored pencils
- Paper towels or rags
- Toilet paper for blotting
Membership not required
Zoom invitation and handouts are sent a couple days in advance.
If you sign up later than that, please email to Kristi at email@example.com, so she can forward them to you. It's not guaranteed that you'll receive them beforehand, if you sign up the day of . . .