PRESENTER: Barbara Close
SPONSOR: South Los Angeles Chapter (Solar Nib)
DESCRIPTION: We are going to be trying out some borders to enhance our calligraphic pages. Some will be letters as borders; some will be floral; some will be gestural. There are so many paths we can take. Join us for a fun afternoon of playing with Borders. Albert Einstein said, "Play is the highest form of research."
SUPPLY LIST (use what you already have):
- #4 or 6 round Brush with good tip
- Watercolors: Prang or tubes (just a few colors)
- Pencil with good/new eraser tip
- Broad-edge pens: Speedball C0, C2 or Brause 3mm, Parallel pen 3.8 or 6
- Felt tip brushes (your choice of colors)
- Pigma Microns: 02, 08
- Kitchen Sponge without scrubby (cut to smaller size)
- Painters tape
- Practice Papers: xerox/Canson Pro Layout Marker & a few small sheets ofbetter quality papers you already have: watercolor pads,Bristol, Stonehenge, Arches Text Wove
- 5” x 7” or cardstock “to fit an envelope size”. You can have a card ready to go!
- Small stamp pad
- Sakura gel pen
- No fee with registration. You must be a current SfC member to participate.
- Please click on the "REGISTER" button at the top left.
- This free workshop will not be recorded.
- Zoom invitation and handouts, if any, will be sent out a few days prior to workshop date.
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
NO audio or video recording of any program, meeting, workshop or other SfC function permitted without prior consent of both guest artist and a representative of the Board of Governors. You must ask permission of the artist/ instructor to photograph any copyrighted materials, including demos.