SfC MEMBERS ONLY - No charge for these Study Group Sessions.
Above is Kristi's Word Painting made under the direction of Sherri Thornton - this is part of the Inland Empire/Pomona Valley chapter's virtual exhibit found at: https://societyforcalligraphy.org/Regionals
Friday, Nov 17, 2023, 6:30-8:00PM PDT
Please note: separate registration is needed for each study group session.
We want to encourage and motivate our members to create finished pieces. We'll learn about design principles and how we might apply them.
And, watch for workshops/classes that can supplement what we learn in these sessions! Your input is welcome, regarding design topics you'd like to study.
Study Group sessions are usually led by members, sharing what they have learned--we're all learning together! From time-to-time, we will have guest presenters.
We plan to record this session. Kristi asks that you remind her!
Share our work.
3. Review the day's topic: Focus on specific principles/elements of design. For this session, we'll cover Emphasis and Focal Point, both as it applies to art in general, and to our calligraphy pieces.
4. Another chance to share and invite critique (always optional).
We strongly encourage participants to join our private Facebook group, Let's Make Finished Pieces!, so that you can interact with other Study Group participants and you may request critiques from other members. If you need help with joining, please contact Kristi at firstname.lastname@example.org
Month's Project: We'll continue with our projects, and start new ones, at our own pace.
SUPPLY LIST: We'll be sketching thumbnails
- Paper for sketching--printer, layout, a sketchbook, etc.
- Pencil, eraser, ruler
- Colored pencils or watercolor supplies (anything to indicate color)
- A short quote or phrase--we'll be sketching thumbnails
- You may want to have one of your own calligraphy pieces or sketches close at hand, to study as to how this topic applies to that.
Paid/official honorary SfC Membership is required for these sessions.
Zoom invitation will be sent a day in advance.
It's not guaranteed that you'll receive the invitation beforehand, if you sign up the day of the session, but you will receive the link to the recording. . .