PRESENTER: Carrie Imai
SPONSOR: South Los Angeles Chapter (Solar Nibs)
I designed this sweet, funky alphabet as an easy entry into pen manipulation, better known as Pen Dancin’. You’re going to love this easy-to-learn hand and the manipulation skills you’ll gain from learning it. - Carrie
This workshop will be recorded and available for a month.
Zoom invitation and handouts, if any, will be sent out a few days prior to workshop date.
ABOUT THE INSTRUCTOR:
Carrie has been teaching calligraphy and related subjects for over 35 years. Following completion of a certificate program in graphic art and design she started a free-lance calligraphy and graphic arts business, and has worked as a calligrapher for the County of Los Angeles. She has taught at many international calligraphy conferences, UCLA Extension, Brandes Art Institute, Hughes Aircraft, RAND Corporation, and guilds across the US, Canada and in Finland. She is past President of the Society for Calligraphy, Los Angeles and has been the Director of the Letters California Style conference for 15 years. She has published a book entitled “Dancin’ Pen” which is in libraries across the world.
All these ventures have brought her joy. But in her words, “What really turns me on is seeing the light go on in a student’s eyes. Life is good.”
- 1 large, edged pen - prefer Pilot Parallel pen (Blue or Green lid), Luthis FLAT pens (#4, #5 or #5a), OR Automatic pen (#3A or #4A) OR the original wood-handled Automatic pens. Luthis pens can be found at http://www.johnnealbooks.com/ or https://www.paperinkarts.com/pipape.html
- Pelikan 4001 ink (any color), Bister Ink or Walnut Ink - please only these
- Layout bond pad (any brand, any size) i.e. Canson or Strathmore Sketch OR
- Drawing paper pad
- 1 piece of paper cut to 4” x 10” for project
- Pencil & ruler
- X-acto knife & cutting mat or something to cut on
1) First, register by clicking the "REGISTER" button at the top left of this page.
2) Then, make payment by PayPal or check. Workshop fee is $22.
To pay by check, email Linda Renner at LArenner@yahoo.com. Send a check for $22 payable to "Solar Nibs" to: Linda Renner, 3223 East First Street, Long Beach, CA 90803. Be sure to indicate the class name in the memo section of your check.
Registration is for Society for Calligraphy members only. Your membership must be current at time of sign-up as well as when class is held. For membership, please go to: https://societyforcalligraphy.org/resources/Membership.pdf
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com.
NO audio or video recording of any program, meeting, workshop or other SfC function permitted without prior consent of both guest artist and a representative of the Board of Governors. You must ask permission of the artist/ instructor to photograph any copyrighted materials, including demos.